Citizen of Heaven

Friday, August 25, 2006

Everyday Is A Test of Faith!!

Today is Friday, I haven't blogged since last Saturday. It's been a crazy work week for me. My hubby and I are going to a wedding in Montery, our friends Howie and Yolanda. We've taken a few weekend trips together, something that only couples with adult children find easier to do. Even then, I still feel like I leaving my kids behind. Monique 19, will be 20 this November and Amanda 11, she'll be 12 next April. I just got off the phone with my brother Louie, he's having his step son Michael's birfday party on Saturday also. The girls will be there but Marty and I are going to miss it. We'll be there in spirit fo sure! Suzi, Mushy & family will be at the bday party. Suzi is a beautiful person. All she needs to do is look at you one time and you know she's ALL HEART!! I think she's very pretty, inside and out. Same goes for Mushy and her beautiful children. I just got off the phone with my brother Louie. He's rushing around doing his party planning. I offered to go over tonight and make him some tri-tip soft tacos and catch a little of the Raider game. Something easy and help out a little with the party set up... Big sister is always looking out for her siblings. Ever since my mom passed away in 2000. I've felt a big void and my heart and also assumed all motherly responsibilities to my bros & lil' sis. Of course for my dad, Louie Sr. Sometimes I feel like I want to be in 20 different places at the same time. I know that I need to take care of my own emotional needs too, the pressure to love your family completely and always there for there every need is impossible. Only God can handle it all. So I know that everyday for me "Is A Test Of Faith". I find great joy when I stop and think how much my God loves me, no matter what I've done or what has happened in my life. I will forever be grateful to Jesus for saving me and I feel blessed to be a child of the most awesome & powerful God!! I say this prayer everyday without fail I passed it on to my little girl Amanda and she says it everday as I'm dropping her off for school. As for Mo, I've given it to her too but I don't think she says it. I know she will one day. This prayer helps us build onto faith and helps us remember that we are so worthy of receiving Gods blessings and favor. The prayer goes like this...I Angie am going to do something great today! I'm going to excel in my career, I have much potential. Martin and I have the favor of God on our finances. I will enthusiastically serve others. God put fire into my spirit. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.
Today, I challenge myself and to you my potential citizens of heaven to step out in your faith and see what blessings await you.
Blessings, Your Sister in Christ Jesus
Angie Gurl

1 Comments:

  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Suzi-Q said…

    You are doing such a good job looking after everyone. I know the pressure is huge, but you never show it!

    Your family is so fortunate to have you! You Go Gurl!

    Suzi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home